Our Mission is to Map the Universe of Biology.
Improving the human condition is what fuels our passion for finding new ways of enabling scientific exploration. As a company, we strive to create end-to-end solutions that are simpler, easier, faster and more relevant to today’s life science challenges.
As the pioneer in the field of spatial biology, NanoString enables scientists across the globe to envision molecular interactions in three dimensions with three different systems, the nCounter® Analysis System, the GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler (DSP) and the CosMx™ Spatial Molecular Imager (SMI) platform. As a result, scientists can see the multiomic expression of genes and proteins in the natural context of tissue structure.
Since our founding in 2003, we have earned a reputation as a respected, trusted pioneer of innovative technologies that support our customers in their relentless pursuit of answers. Our products are based on a novel digital molecular barcoding technology invented at the Institute for Systems Biology (ISB) in Seattle under the direction of Dr. Leroy Hood.
With our technologies, our customers continue to extend our understanding of biology to answer previously unsolvable questions with consistent, reliable results.
However, NanoString is much more than innovative products. The secret sauce to the company’s success is our people, who are committed to excellence and dedicated to catalyzing the next biological revolution. Collectively, we live our corporate values of ambition, grit, ingenuity, authenticity, and customers every day…and never stop asking “What if?”
The District Sales Manager (DSM), Life Sciences Sales is focused on continuing to grow and expand NanoString’s life sciences sales business and directly manages the district sales team, including day to day coaching, mentoring and training of district sales team.
Territory & Travel: This is a home-office-based role covering sales territory in the Mid-Atlantic Region. The DSM can expect to spend 60-70% of their time in the field visiting clients.
- Execute and lead the regional commercial strategy for life sciences sales, directly or in conjunction with commercial partners
- Develop and deliver revenue targets for the assigned regional life sciences team and carry out functional responsibilities for sales
- Collaborates closely with Customer Experience and Marketing teams as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with senior thought leaders and decision-makers in the field
- 5+ years of sales experience in fast-paced organizations.
- Recruit and retain sales professionals and provide effective coaching, mentoring, and training.
- Experience in market development, especially in growing life sciences businesses for a given geography. He/she will have experience in a leadership role providing product positioning and in the creation of roadmaps for the introduction and expansion of product offerings
- Possess communication skills to work effectively with external and internal constituents
- Understanding and ability to execute accurate forecasting on a quarterly basis for systems and consumables
- An entrepreneurial, action-oriented business leader
- Knowledge of life science funding and cycles and value-based pricing
- Specific experience in products or services related to molecular or spatial biology
- An MBA or other relevant advanced degree is valued but not required
- Able to operate autonomously yet within a structured corporate environment
- Hands-on style, willing to ‘pitch in’ to get things done
- Driven, self-motivated, independent, dependable and passionate individual with strong leadership ability and excellent project and time management skills
- Outstanding business acumen and entrepreneurial sense and proven excellence with regards to organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Regular travels across the region are required
Target Base Salary Range:
$105,000 – $145,000 annually
$115,000 at plan, uncapped.
Base salary is an integral part of NanoString’s total compensation package. Base salary considers an individual’s skills, experience, and competitive market value. The base salary range represent what NanoString pays for a job within a salary grade based on external market data in comparison to similar positions from other companies in our industry. Employees generally enter a salary grade at the lower-to-mid-point in the range.
Other compensation elements include a discretionary annual bonus, incentive compensation for sales roles, Restricted Stock Unit (RSU) grants for all new hires, comprehensive benefit plans and paid time off, including designated holidays.
NanoString is Premier Career Development Sponsor at Biotech Networks Event: Scientific Speed Networking in Seattle September 6th 2023, meet them there!